Skip to main content

..Attitude and passion

The answer is attitude and passion, dik. You don't have to be a genius to become a doctor. And I don't think a genius can stand being in this medical field cos there are too much of 'misteri nusantara' and illogical facts. We even have a medical term for unexplained cause, idiopathic. Some lecturers used to tell us idiopathic stands for idiot + pathetic = idiopathic.Well, as far as I'm concerned geniuses tend to think a lot that was why they usually take up other courses which involve more thinking and logics. Medical students were taught how to think, trust me we had this session called "Thinking and Thought Skill" for like hours, just to make us think. Heheh. 

Good attitude. That is affective domain for CUCMS students. You have to have good attitude to be a doctor. Good attitude ni macam wajib. Ye, wajib. Good attitude bermaksud anda haruslah berdisiplin, bertanggungjawab, bersikap simpati, sabar dan lain lain. You have to portray the best side of you when you are in this field cos you know, we get involved in society a lot. So good attitude is a must so that we can gain the trust from others which is very crucial as a medical student. Kalau pesakit tak percayakan anda pelajar pelajar perubatan yang hanyalah PELAJAR bukannya DOKTOR pon lagi so how are you going to learn aite? Kena berusaha dapatkan kepercayaan tu barulah dapat buat kerja dengan baik. To gain trust from others, you have to have this thing called good attitude lah. Hm. 

You have to know that once you take up medicine, its like you live not only for yourself but for others. You have to help them no matter how hard your situation is. Patient is like your main concern apart from yourself. Kalau patient tiba tiba collapse waktu suapan pertama lunch hampir masuk ke mulut, you have to run to him. Even worse, sometimes you have to sacrifice your precious time with your family just because of other stranger called patient. So to make you guys able to stand that you have to have passion. Passion to care. That is why our college's motto is "Nurturing the PASSION to care". Passion is an important element to become a good doctor. Sometimes I get tired with my study too. Tipulah kalau tak pernah fikir nak quit medicine. Iman pon turun naik apatah lagi semangat belajar. But when you do something you are passionate of insyaAllah, perasaan penat tu tak diambil kisah sangat pon. Konsep dia sama macam orang suka tengok match bola. Penat ke, esok kerja ke, belum dinner ke, semua tu tak menjadi batu penghalang untuk mereka menonton perlawanan bola itu. Erk, faham ke? 

As for me, I had this thought when I was in secondary school. I observed some of the adults back then. I monitored their daily routines. They had this fixed schedule and I found that boring. Aku tertanya tanya, apa pulangan kepada kerja yang mereka buat tu? Ok, gaji. Tapi gaji tu untuk sapa? Kasi makan anak bini atau anak suami. And? That's it? So, apart from sedekah, zakat dan other amal kebajikan yang lain apa lagi yang diorang sumbangkan untuk agama, masyarakat dan negara? *ecece, aku tak terlibat dengan mana mana parti meraih undi ok*. So I thought I wanted to do something for others cos I don't want to live my life for only me, I want to do good to others too. Though babah was very very very disagree with me back then cos he loves me too much, and very protective as well but now I think he seems to understand and support every single thing I do. Dik, don't get me wrong, there are tons of other careers which do good to others too, I just don't think of them except medicine. That's all. Engineers, teachers, and even fishermen, they have their own function in society. 

So the key points here are, attitude and passion. If you have them both, welcome to CUCMS. Eh? Hehe. No lah, welcome to this field. And one more thing that you should always remember when you are getting involved with the patients, you have to do good to them, be gentle and be nice cos you are the one who choose to be a doctor and they don't have other choice other than being sick. Nail that in mind. 

Ok tu je, assalamualaikum

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning down the awaited offer

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. Dengan izin Allah, aku ditawarkan kerja di tempat itu. Tapi dengan izin Allah juga, Allah buka hijab hijab yang terselindung. In the end, I turned down the job offer. Its ok, pat on my back; at least aku dapat pengalaman attending online interview dan juga pengalaman berurusan dengan HR. Jadi sekarang, aku kena atur strategi baru, dan aku cuba follow advice my best companion, slowly dan take one step in a time.  Entah kenapa perasaan lega bertandang sedangkan aku yang membenarkan diri sendiri terjebak. Haha. Alhamdulillah thumma Alhamdulillah. 

aku memang gedik!

Woha. I'm home and gosh super duper happy! Happier than pegi ice skating iteww. Puhleassse, 'itew'? WTH. Pi masuk tadika balik. Eja itu pon tak reti ke afi woi? Wakaka. Tadi waktu melangut dalam kereta segala macam jawapan soalan exam tetiba dengan sukarelanya mengeluarkan diri dari tempat persembunyian di antara celahan otak saya ini. Isk. Gedik mengada. Kenapa baru sekarang kau keluar? Pegila menyorok lagi!! Arghh. But on the bright side, at least I know that I KNOW what I am suppose to KNOW. So telan jela.  And you see while I was in the car, I signed in YM and guess what, terdapat seorang hamba Allah bernama M5 yang telah mencuba mengadd and menegur saya disitu. *sila maafkan ayat keling ini*. Our conversation went smooth pada permulaannya cos he acted like someone I know and we talked about something interesting which was good because I usually did that to confirm  the person adding me is a real HUMAN before I added him to my YM list.  But then he started to act wei

Kau nak tackle dia?

Stumbled upon this music video while I was surfing. The lyrics had me thinking hard, and deeepp. She wants someone perfect, but who is. Who is? Hm. Cuba untuk berfikir dari sudut yang berbeza. Aku perempuan, jadi sedikit sebanyak cara pemikiran aku akan sama dengan perempuan perempuan lain. Setahu aku, perempuan yang ordinary, please exclude the extraordinary takdelah demanding sangat nakkan lelaki yang semua stok perfect tip top je. Nobody's perfect, kami tahu! Semua orang mesti ada kekurangan dan kelebihan masing masing. That is why Allah cakap isteri pelengkap suami, adam pelengkap hawa. Bila single, no one is perfect tapi bila double, kesempurnaan itu insyaAllah dapat dicapai. Macam pakar motivasi plak rasenye bila bincangkan soal soal macamni hewhew. Berbalik pada isu tadi, sepanjang pemerhatian aku yang tak beberapa tajam ni, aku perasan perempuan ni mesti ada x-factor yang dia harapkan dari seorang lelaki. X-factor tu bertindak macam potion yang menutup sega